Are you visiting the steel city and have some freetime? Then have a look at this list of what to see in Pittsburgh on your next trip whilst in Pennsylvania.
Are you thinking of what to see in Pittsburgh? Here are 20 ideas.
– Andy Warhol Museum – 117 Sandusky St. Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Featuring work by one of the most infamous artists of the twentieth century.
– Byham Theater – 101 Sixth St. Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Located in the heart of the Cultural District this 1,302 seat theatre offers an intimate viewing experience with a range of arts group performances.
– Carneige Museum of Natural History – 4400 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Billions of years of history from dinosaurs, to gems and minerals are the attraction here.
– Carneige Science Center – One Allegheny Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
An amazing Omnimax theater, robotics displays, miniature railroad and a real Cold War submarine are some of the great features in this educational museum.
– Consol Energy Center – 1001 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Big name stars from the music world appear at this premier concert venue. For all the sporting fans this one of the places to go in Pittsburgh as it is home to the Pittsburgh Penguins ice hockey team and the the indoor football team known as the Pittsburgh Power.
– Fort Pitt Block House and the Fort Pitt Museum – Commonwealth Pl, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Go back to where it all began and how the city got its name. The Blockhouse is the only thing that remains of Fort Pitt. The museum will however give you the perfect history lesson of the beginning of the city. Look out for the firing of the cannon on the green outside.
– Heinz Field – 100 Art Rooney Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Winner of the Super Bowl six times, the world famous Pittsburgh Steelers American Football Team reside in this sporting and concert venue.
– Heinz Hall – 600 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Classical music fans will love this place as it is the venue for the Pittsburgh Symphony.
– Mt Washington – Grandview Avenue, Pittsburgh (see first picture)
If you don’t know what to see in Pittsburgh PA then this is the perfect place start. The vistas provide amazing views of the city plus the bridges over the rivers. If the views don’t take your breath away then spend time in the bars and restaurants at the accompanying Shiloh Street.
– Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre – 2900 Liberty Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15201
World renowned ballet companies perform at the edge of the Strip District of town.
– Pittsburgh Zoo – One Wild Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Not only does this place have a great address it has amazing animals too. Educational and guaranteed to provide the cute factor this place features a black bear, cheetahs, elephants, giraffe, meerkat, monkeys, red tiger, rhino, snakes, tiger to name but a few. Oh there’s also an aquarium there too. Surely this is one of the great places to go in Pittsburgh PA?
– PNC Park – 115 Federal St. Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Voted “best ballpark in the nation” by Tripadvisor, this is the home to the popular Pittsburgh Pirates baseball team.
– Point State Park and Fort Duquesne – Commonwealth Pl, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Located beside the Fort Pitt museum lay the markings of its predecessor Fort Duquesne on a spacious green area in the heart of the city. Explore the Point State Park with great views and a fabulous water fountain feature.
– Rivers Casino – 777 Casino Dr, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
If you are feeling lucky why not chance your arm at the gambling and entertainment centre which is riverside. With 9 bars and restaurants plus an outdoor amphitheatre even people who don’t gamble can have a great time.
– Sandcastle Waterpark – 1000 Sandcastle Dr. Pittsburgh, PA 15120
Get wet and wild in the summer sun at this popular and long established water fun park.
– Three Rivers Heritage Trail – banks of the rivers
Enjoy the city views whilst stretching your legs. You’ll find relaxing walking or cycling routes along the North Shore Trail, Strip District Trail, Eliza Furnace Trail, Station Square Trail or South Side Trail.
– Senator John Heinz History Center – 1212 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
The largest history museum in Pennsylvania is also affiliated to the Smithsonian Institute. Learn all about the areas history, great battles and be sure to visit the Sports Museum.
No trip away from home is complete without that shopping experience. Either enjoy wandering the streets of Downtown PA or visit The Mall at Robinson (100 Robinson Centre Drive, Robinson, PA 15205). For the discounted brand experience visit Tanger Outlets at 2200 Tanger Boulevard, Washington, PA 15301.
– Stage AE – 400 North Shore Dr, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
High quality concert and event venue located on the north bank of the Allegheny River.
– The Strip – Strip District, Smallman St and Penn Ave, Pittsburgh
Crafts and food delights plus some of the best city nightlife are featured in this historic part of town.