As a relatively new blogger it was with great surprise and humility that I recently opened an e-mail from “The Regular Guy” saying that he had nominated me for “The Versatile Blogger” Award.
Wow, someone likes my humble efforts so much they think I’m worthy of an award. Thank you so much Phil!
I’d not heard of this award before so I quickly followed The Regular Guy’s link to find out more. Effectively it is a mutual appreciation award from fellow bloggers. Phil was also kind enough to lay out the rules of the award which are:-
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their site.
- Share 8 random facts about you
- Add The Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
- Nominate 8 fellow bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and include a link to their site.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
Thank the blogger who nominated you
Well this is easy. Many thanks indeed to The Regular Guy. He is a brilliant blogger who like me loves a good rant. He often beats me to getting off my chest what really peeves me off. He has a great website which you can find here.
You can also follow him on twitter (@filbio) or facebook where he posts some great comedy pictures.
8 random facts about me
1, I’m now officially “over the hill”
2. I’m a lifelong fan and follower of Wakefield Trinity, more recently known as Wakefield Trinity Wildcats.
3. I began to follow Liverpool football club from the age of five because Kevin Keegan used to play for them. (The fact that I didn’t know the name of any other player or club at the time is irrelevant).
4. I used to run another blog a few years ago but was never really committed to it.
5. I wish I’d started Flights And Frustrations years ago!
6. I’ve been to 6 of the 7 continents and would love to one day go to Antarctica.
7. On short haul flights with small planes I like to sit in the aisle seat. On long haul flights I prefer the window seat.
8 My favourite city is Prague.
Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your post
8 bloggers I feel who deserve this award too (in alphabetical order; they are all fab!)
Backpacking Diplomacy Beautifully crafted insights and words of wisdom from traveller Andy.
Crazy Sexy Fun Traveler Not only is it a cool website name it is a cool travel blog too! Award winner blogger Alex provides regular and insightful posts on a whole range of matters.
E-Tramping Travelling the world on less that $25 a day is the wonderful adventures of our Polish friends Agness and Cez.
Sihpromatum A site the young traveller Savannah Grace who went on a multi-year travel adventure from the age of 14 and has now written a brilliant book about it. Frequent visitors to Flights And Frustration will be familiar with Savannah.
Suzy Guese Traveling with a red headed temperament Suzy shares some great travel stores and rants. Look out for her fabulous weekly Suzy Stumbles postings.
Totally Sam’s World Sam is a Brit who used to work as a holiday rep, with some hilarious tales. In 2013 she is about to embark on a world wide travel adventure.
Travel Infographics A unique site offering lots of interesting facts and figures about places you often only ever hear of in the news.
Unbrave Girl Sally was once a globe-trotting explorer yet now adjusts to settling in back at home in North America. Did she ever tell you that she likes pie?
Which blogs do you love? Please leave a comment below as to who you think deserves The Versatile Blogger Award.
Update: Special thanks to Karla from travellersoul who has nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award! Many thanks Karla for the nomination and for appreciating my work. Please check out her great website Traveller Soul for many of her great stories and photos.
Also additional thanks to Travel On Inspiration for also nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award. A fabulous web site created by a gaming and IT lover who is building up for a massive international trip in 2014 to visit places such as Japan, Australia and China.
Thanks for the nominations folks!